1. Calibrate pipettes regularly according to manufacturer's instructions.
2. Avoid touching side wall of well with tips.
3. Avoid splashing of sample and reagents.
4. Avoid blowing out tip contents.
5. Use a new tip for each sample/control/reagent addition.
6. New tips should be used on the multichannel pipettes for each reagent to be added.
7. Reverse pipette when using the multichannel pipettes to add conjugate and substrate solution.
8. Forward pipette when using the multichannel pipettes to add stop solution.
9. Check pipette tips are long enough to provide air space between top of tip and pipette barrel.
10. Check pipette barrel for residual fluid of dried material, remove if present.
11. Ensure pipettes tips are fitted tightly.